HR Indiana SHRM is continuing to closely monitor COVID-19 and the impact it may have on the HR Indiana Annual Conference this August in Indianapolis.
As an attendee, your safety and wellbeing is our number one priority. HR Indiana SHRM is committed to leading the way for our HR community by creating a safe space for in-person events to be held.
Show management will implement the following best practices:
- Physical distancing practices will be implemented according to Indianapolis and Marion County guidelines
- Onsite signage will include reminders for physical distancing throughout the meeting space, highlighting rules around health and safety practices.
- We will require the use of face masks and will encourage frequent hand washing, sanitizing and social distancing.
- We will implement the health and safety practices as issued by local and state health authorities, including the JW Marriott, and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the show floor and in common areas.
- High-touch areas will be regularly cleaned and sanitized.
- Throughout the venue there will be clearly marked entry and exit points and directed foot traffic patterns to ensure safety and distancing.
HR Indiana SHRM will require all attendees to confirm that they are not displaying symptoms of COVID-19 and have not recently been exposed to anyone who tested positive. If they do have symptoms or have been exposed, they are not allowed to attend, and registration will be refunded.
We are committed to implementing conscious and intentional measures to not only combat COVID-19, but promote healthy best practices that will become the protocol for all events during high- and low-risk time periods alike.
Please continuously check back here. We will revise our procedures as needed to reflect the current state of the pandemic in the US and guidelines in Marion County (Indianapolis).