Employee Benefits Account Manager
LHD Benefit Advisors is one of the top 5 independent insurance agencies in the state of Indiana. We are passionate about delivering successful, High Performing employee health benefit plans for our clients. LHD has also been named one of the Best Places to Work in Indiana for 6 consecutive years!
Do you enjoy working with HR professionals? Do you enjoy working with employee benefits? We have an excellent opportunity for an Account Manager to work with a great team and a great company. In this role you will partner with our client HR teams to support and help drive their strategic benefit goals.
Interested? Apply online at www.lhdbenefits.com/careers.
Account Manager Position Summary:
Under general supervision, the Account Manager will use specialized benefit industry knowledge and training in servicing client accounts for employers with their medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans. The level of support depends on the client size as well as the complexity of the account.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead employers through annual enrollment meetings, answering benefit questions for employers and their workforce and assisting with benefits compliance and ACA.
- Responsible for the design and distribution of the annual employee benefits guide which is unique for each client.
- Manage clients through the implementation of new vendors and benefit platforms. This includes the rollout of new employer coverages and carrier implementation, as well as the ongoing vendor management on behalf of the client.
- Develop client specific long-term strategies for ongoing employee education and communication to improve the workforce’s understanding and appreciation of the chosen benefits offering. The specific offerings might include any combination of the following coverages: group health, dental, vision, life, disability and related products.
- Responsible for nurturing the client relationship and understanding when and how to create value for the client through the implementation of new technology including benefits administration systems, best practices and ever evolving efficient business processes.
- Perform continuing education to obtain and retain the proper job-related licenses.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position is a client servicing role within the LHD organization that will be required to provide consultative supervision for client’s management and key stakeholders on an as needed basis.
Confidentiality: This position has access to highly confidential information of all sorts, which will require exceptional confidentiality to protect the privacy of clients and their employees, as well as LHD’s employees and
Independent Action: Must be able to make decisions concerning competing responsibilities regarding priority and be disciplined and organized in the efficient use of time.
Judgment: This position displays a willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes the appropriate people in the decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
Contacts: Internal/External Customers: This position will have frequent contact with key stakeholders both
internally and externally. The successful applicant must be able to work collaboratively and
communicate effectively with all stakeholders, employees and customers.
Essential Behaviors and Competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Communicates effectively
- Time management
- Detail oriented
- Collaboration skills
- Plans and aligns
- Optimizes work processes
- Trustworthy, high integrity
- Ownership, dependability and accountability
- Self-directed, a proven problem solver and results oriented
- Internally driven and self-motivated
- Task and detail oriented with superb project management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or Finance preferred.
- 2-5 years prior experience in the employee benefits, insurance or comparable industry equivalent.
- Indiana Life and Health Insurance License or ability to obtain within one year of employment.
- Advanced knowledge of federal and state benefits compliance laws, including HIPAA.
- Working knowledge of industry products and administrative tools preferred.
- Ability to proactively initiate and follow-through with multiple projects, with frequently changing priorities in a fast-pace entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to professionally and positively interact with clients at meetings. Excellent PC skills (MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint), with proficiency in building spreadsheets and producing effective presentations, correspondence and/or electronic communication.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; an individual who can professionally and positively impact both internal, as well as external clients and customers.
- Passion for LHD’s mission and ongoing commitment to outstanding customer service
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please visit this site