HR Business Partner
HR Business Partner
Reports to: HR Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Employment Type: Full Time
Fair Oaks Farms is seeking an enthusiastic HR Business Partner to join our team. HR Business Partner will be an integral part of the team at Fair Oaks Farms. In this role, the HR Business Partner is expected to drive and implement HR initiatives to increase organizational effectiveness, build capability and talent, and lead strategy and tactics to positively impact overall business performance and HR metrics.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides day-to-day support and guidance to leaders regarding complex, specialized, and sensitive employee relations questions and issues. Required to navigate delicate circumstances, interpreting situational data, and applying in-depth knowledge of applicable laws, using common sense and reasoning.
- Conducts thorough investigations and makes recommendations as appropriate regarding issues of disputes, grievances, misconduct, and policy infractions.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which includes recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants for all roles. Collaborates with leaders to understand skills and competencies required for open positions.
- Ensures positive employee relations by proactive employee communication, prompt issue resolution and fair and equitable treatment.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Conducts effective onboarding and new employee orientation to communicate the vison and culture of the company.
- Identifies key training needs and develops plans and timelines for design and delivery.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Human Resources
- At least 3-5 years of HR leadership experience or similar combination of education and experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- PHR or SPHR required.
- HCM and HRIS system implementation experience highly desired.
- Experience with Ultimate/UKG preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in employee relations, recruitment and selection, benefits, compensation, employment law, investigations as well as policy and procedure interpretation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others across levels and functions while working on multiple tasks in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to make decisions based on all relevant information and build recommendations and solves problems, based on this data; may use spreadsheets, performance indicators, or other tools to analyze the data.
- Ability to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company and work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company.
- Must be computer savvy and knowledgeable of HR systems for recruiting, benefits, payroll, etc.
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, members of the HR management team, and in group presentations and meetings
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback
- Knowledge and understanding of federal and state employment and labor laws, regulations, procedures, and standards.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send an email to and include a resume and cover letter.