Human Resources Business Partner Sr
Your Talent. Our Vision.
At Anthem, Inc.,it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
TheHuman Resources Business Partner Sr.is responsible to solve organizational challenges through people-related solutions supporting the frontline, mid-level, senior and executive leadership located in our Indiana and Wisconsin Medicaid health plans, to understand every aspect of their businesses, and be a thought leader on human capital, strategy, and organizational topics to drive the business to meet its goals. This role requires a combination of hands-on and strategic reasoning and thinking, use of data to guide work, being comfortable challenging convention and effectively influencing all levels of leaders to reassess how work is done.
The incumbent must also think broadly, establish credibility across the client groups, and collaborate effectively with key matrix partners in an extremely fast-paced environment. Being able to think strategically, understand how the local health plan priorities align with the broader business strategy and possess a working knowledge of key financial levers is critical to success.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following abilities:
- Visionary Thinking– Establish strategies that create or sustain human capital competitive advantage. Think broadly and long-term, recognizing the impact of decisions and actions on the health plan and key stakeholders over time.
- Drive a Consumer-Focused Culture– Monitor Human Resources program and service delivery to ensure that success measures are met or exceeded.
- Drive an Innovative Culture– Act quickly to seize opportunities for innovation and growth where talent is concerned. Encourage others to champion the need for effective problem solving, clearly communicating the rationale and urgency.
- Foster Teamwork and Collaboration– Promote the importance of teamwork within, and across, large cross-functional groups. Ensure the sharing of information and best practices.
- Influence and Negotiate– Communicate a clear and compelling case for implementation of solutions. Present a compelling case for ideas and proposals. Build a broad base of support among key decision-makers and influencers. Use personal influence and credibility to achieve organizational impact.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Create and implement the end-to-end human capital strategy and tactics that will drive the business to meet its aggressive growth goals, to include new business implementations and associated “start-up” environments.
- Partner with a cross-functional group of subject matter experts within Anthem’s HR centers of excellence to design and execute your strategy for how the business staffs, onboards, develops, motivates, retains and organizes work.
- Execute programs to support Anthem associates, including talent management, career planning, performance management, leadership coaching, leadership diversity and inclusion, data analysis, compensation and rewards, learning and development, recognition programs and strategic organizational development.
- Responsible to be a subject matter expert regarding organizational and people related planning and execution, with a focus on leadership talent development and succession planning.
- Provide insightful data to guide decision making and offer proactive solutions, solving problems and getting to the root cause of any issue, regardless of complexity.
- Consult with leadership to create comprehensive people plans to influence lasting and sustainable efficiencies.
- Design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines, even those beyond human capital and organizational solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to analyze data, understand trends, including the development and monitoring of the EEO/AA action plan for designated site/location; develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
- Ability to influence through strong relationships, expertise and data and the ability to manage a complex set of stakeholders.
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done and the next moment, being part of deeply complex strategy discussions.
- Strong learning agility, operational discipline, flexibility, ability to anticipate and resolve challenges, and ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities are all required for success.
- Strong sense of the importance of teamwork and collaboration.
- Strong communication skills and understand how to communicate large, complex change.
- May provide guidance, mentoring and coaching to HR Consultants and/or other Human Resources Business Partners.
- Requires a BA/BS degree; 5 – 8 years of relevant work experience, including HR experience, business partner or generalist experience with data, analysis, trends and reports; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- HR designation preferred (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP).
- Travel to Wisconsin one week per month required.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send an email to and include a resume and cover letter.