Senior Director of Human Resources
- Do you have a passion for working in the not-for-profit space?
- Are you a strong leader that educates and connects with others, while building and developing strategic relationships?
- Do you wear the multiple hats of leader, coach, and advisor when it comes to creating and implementing an organization’s people strategy?
If your answer is YES to these questions, then learn more about the Senior Director of Human Resources position with Alpha Chi Omega.
Alpha Chi Omega is a three-part organization consisting of the Fraternity, the Foundation and the Fraternity Housing Corporation, which work together to carry out the organization’s missions and values, while supporting members and their philanthropic efforts. The organization has an opening for a Senior Director of Human Resources, and is seeking a talented, motivated, and actively engaged individual to fill this role. This individual will provide leadership to ensure the alignment of all human resources systems and be accountable for the development and implementation of a people strategy that furthers the organization’s desire to be a destination place to work.
Human Resources Strategy and Management
- Accountable for all Human Resource functions and services delivered by the HR team; establishes and leads talent acquisition, onboarding and talent development processes and procedures.
- Manages total rewards strategy for professional staff, which includes ensuring benefit strategies are cost effective, market and industry appropriate, and consistent with competitive opportunities; includes managing annual benchmarking process.
- Develops, leads, and matures an employee engagement strategy to include professional development planning, performance systems, and coaching and feedback opportunities; leads employee relations strategies and processes.
- Leads all confidential investigations, progressive discipline processes, performance improvement initiatives and employment actions.
- Is accountable for regulatory and legal compliance in all matters related to Human Resources; communicates and applies regulatory developments to the Enterprise in timely manner.
- Delivers operational HR functions to include policies and procedures, job analysis, design and descriptions, organizational alignment initiatives and other key HR projects.
- Owns the annual performance management and professional development processes for assigned personnel; includes evaluating performance of direct reports through annual process; ensures compliance with position descriptions, established policies and objectives of the organization; plays an active and visible role in the development of staff and ensuring development objectives are achieved through identified training, coaching and mentoring.
- Fully supports the organization’s functional structure and leadership, actively engaged with the strategic efforts of other internal departments when assigned.
- Advises, consults, coaches, and serves Fraternity staff; fosters a values-driven organization culture; drives a success-oriented, accountable environment that is both enjoyable and rewarding for employees; promotes a culture of continuous improvement including identification and implementation of best practices and lessons learned.
- Develops and executes short –and long–term goals, plans and budgets based on the organization’s strategic plan and management objectives; manages timely and effective communication with Chief Executive Officer relevant to issues, concerns and decisions that affect the organization.
- Monitors trends and changes in business, management and the regulatory environment; periodically reviews HR and organizational strategies to ensure the organization is responding to changing business conditions.
- Develops and manages annual budget; accountable for ensuring results; approves expenditures per level authorized; makes certain staff applies fiscal responsibility and supports efforts through applicable training and experiential opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, management, organizational development, or related field (required); master’s degree desired.
- SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP or PHR/SPHR designation is highly desirable.
- Minimum of eight years of progressive, professional experience in Human Resources.
- Strong knowledge of local, state, and federal employment laws.
- Demonstrated experience with multisite entities and working with remote/offsite workforce personnel.
- Demonstrated experience as an executive and/or senior leader and in project management.
- Strong service orientation, outstanding presentation skills, professionalism, confidentially and discretion.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations with strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with human resource policy creation.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex and emotional issues.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively solve problems, using judgment consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations, and/or government law.
Compensation and Benefits
The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation and benefits package based on his or her qualifications and experience. Benefits include medical/dental/life/disability insurance, EAP, and flexible spending account (FSA).
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send an email to and include a resume and cover letter.