- Promote the SHRM Annual Conference via e-mails and in chapter meetings to all chapter members (refer to SHAPE Section 3.1).
- If there have been any changes in your volunteers, report them to your Member Engagement Associate. Keep SHRM informed of any changes to volunteer e-mail addresses, contact information, and role changes.
- For 100% chapters, be sure that you do not have any non-SHRM members (LMOs) on your list and that you do not have any non-SHRM member categories. ALL members MUST be SHRM members.
- Promote the SHRM Certification program and encourage members to become certified.
- For January – November, please submit Chapter Designation Forms by the 5th business day prior to the end of the month to be processed.
- Conduct an audit of your chapter roster against the SHRM chapter roster, the SHRM at-large list, and the SHRM expired member list to ensure that your chapter records match SHRM’s records in time for the CFSP checks to be deposited.
- Promote the SHRM Foundation Regional Scholarships for HR professionals; application due in mid-July.
- All chapters have access to e-blasts to promote their activities to all SHRM members in the chapter’s ZIP code range. Complete the appropriate online request form for your chapter’s size in the VLRC.
- Use the quarterly rolling PowerPoint with updates from SHRM at your chapter meetings during networking time. Find the slides in the VLRC under “Communications.”
- Submit your monthly program for recertification credits with the SHRM Certification Preferred Provider Program.
- Review emails from SHRM Volunteer Communications for news and updates from SHRM.
- With your board, review the SHAPE initiatives each month to be sure you are on track for an award or to meet SHRM’s requirements in Section 1 of the SHAPE.