SHRM Recertification Discount Code Valid Through December 31, 2018
SHRM is offering an exclusive code for $15.00 off the SHRM Recertification fee for all applications submitted on or before December 31, 2018. Don’t delay! Take advantage of this time-sensitive $15 off promotion and recertify your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential. Please use code 15OFFCSC when prompted on the payment page of the Recertification Application. Here are a few things to help you along the way:
- Your 3-year recertification period ends on the last day of your birth month; don’t let your credential lapse! Log into your Certification Portal to check your current professional development credit (PDC) status and submit your application when you have 60 PDCs. (If you submit early, your recertification cycle dates will not change, but you’ll have peace of mind.)
- Access Recertification Resources. Find how-to videos for entering different PDC activities and connect directly with the recertification team on live chats and webcasts. Get all your recertification questions answered!
- Earn PDCs online right here, right now with free SHRM webcasts. Topics cover a wide range of HR issues, so you can find ones relevant to your current HR challenges.
- Document a work project that you’ve completed during your 3-year recertification cycle; earn up to 20 PDCs by quickly summarizing a work project that you’ve completed that spanned more than 50 hours of work time over at least three (3) months. Watch a brief four (4) minute video that provides step-by-step instruction on entering an Advance Your Organization activity into your SHRM Recertification Application.
- Take the free SHRM Competency Self-Assessment; this exclusive SHRM member resource helps you identify areas of strength and opportunities for development based on the SHRM Competency Model. After completing it, your results will inform your professional development plan and you will be one (1) PDC closer to 60.
- Remember, your annual National SHRM Membership qualifies for three (3) PDCs per year (and SHRM automatically loads this in your SHRM Portal).
As a reminder, all need-to-know information about SHRM recertification can be found in the SHRM Recertification Handbook. We recognize your commitment to staying ahead in your career and wish you the best of luck on your recertification journey!
SHRM Foundation Veterans at Work Certificate Program
Looking for another way to earn PDCs – check out the SHRM Foundation Veterans at Work Certificate Program – it is FREE and open to all HR professionals who are interested in learning about best practices to attract, hire and retain veterans. Anyone holding the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential may also receive 10 PDCs toward their recertification.
REMEMBER – SHRM Adapted Its SHRM Recertification Requirements
Budget constraints, location or schedule shouldn’t keep you from earning the 60 PDCs needed to maintain your SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification. SHRM adapted their recertification process to provide additional flexibility to match your learning needs.
Going forward, SHRM will no longer have a maximum limit on self-paced activities, in the ‘Advance Your Education’ category.
Hosting a Spring SHRM Certification Chapter Study Group?
Please email Jen Lange (Jennifer.Lange@oldnational.com) if your chapter is planning/hosting a spring SHRM Certification (SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP) study group…it can either be a study group that the chapter sponsors (i.e. coordinates/runs, etc.) or one in which you partner with a recognized local education partners (colleges, universities, etc.)!
I would love to share the specifics of what your chapter is doing with those who make inquiries via the State Council so we can begin referring people your way! We can also continue to think about how we may be able to share your SHRM Certification Study Group information on our website.
Also, if you are thinking about trying to get a chapter study group going for this spring – I would be happy to assist you and/or share some best practices. As always, please let me know how I may be able to assist you/your chapter/your membership with SHRM Certification efforts!
Further, SHRM created the SHRM Certification resources and tools to help you promote SHRM Certification preparation, SHRM Certification and Recertification. Learn how your chapter can partner with a SHRM Education Partner to host an instructor-led cert prep course and/or host and administer a facilitator-led SHRM Learning System study group. Tools are available here.
SHRM Certification – Spring Testing Window May 1, 2019 – July 15, 2019
SHRM Certification (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) spring exam applications will be accepted January 2 through March 22 with an additional $75 late application fee for applications between March 23 and April 12 for the May 1, 2019 – July 15, 2019 testing window.
SHRM Certification Scholarships
SHRM will award 110 SHRM Certification scholarships on June 15 – scholarship applications will be accepted January 15 – April 15. Recipients will receive $750 for SHRM Certification exam and preparation (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP). Learn more.
Chapters are also eligible to apply for a separate SHRM Certification scholarship to either conduct (or if your chapter is planning to conduct) a SHRM certification preparation program or other effort to promote SHRM certification. More information.
Need a Chapter Programming Idea – SHRM Offers Competency Based Education for Chapters
Check out SHRM’s Competency Based Education for Chapters. You will see two (2) 1.5 hour programs to address topics based on the SHRM HR Competency Model. This is free of charge for SHRM Chapters and Councils in good standing, it is a multi-media presentation, includes easy to use facilitator guides and is accessible via the VLRC – note, SHRM will need a five (5) day lead window to approve the request to use it. This is a great idea for chapter programming.
Enhanced Chapter Support – SHRM Recertification
It’s bbbaaaaccccckkk – help your local chapter (encourage your members to help too) and our HR Indiana State Council by recertifying your SHRM Certification in 2018 – SHRM is offering enhanced financial support to those SHRM Chapters and State Councils in good standing based on the number of SHRM members who recertify between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018.
- Chapters will receive $20 per each chapter member who is a SHRM member in good standing, primarily coded to the chapter and recertifies for SHRM Certification during 2018
- State Councils will receive $10 per each SHRM member in good standing (in-chapter and at-large) in the state who recertifies for SHRM Certification during 2018
Payment will be made to affiliates in good standing in early 2019 based on the number of recertified members meeting the above criteria as of 12/31/18.