The annual HR Indiana Conference is quickly approaching. Over 1,800 HR professionals gather each year in Indianapolis to take advantage of world-renowned keynote speakers, valuable exhibitors and fun networking events. If there’s one SHRM event you don’t want to miss, it’s this one!
There’s a lot to see and do, so we’ve put together some tips to make sure you’re ready.
- Download the conference app. Copies of handouts, special announcements, and schedules will be available on the app – and it’s best to download it before you get here. Download for iOS or Android.
- Download the SHRM Certification app. Make your life easy and track recertification points as you earn them with the SHRM Certification mobile app.
- Start following @HRIndianaSHRM on social. Keep up with the latest news from HR Indiana SHRM, as well as conference updates, pictures and much more using the hashtag #HRIndiana.
- Start connecting with other HR professionals before you arrive. Connect with other HR professionals who will be attending the conference. You’ll see some familiar faces the moment you arrive.
- Bring a buddy. You’ll meet a lot of fellow HR and business professionals at the conference, but everything is better with a friend! Plus, if you encourage a coworker to attend with you, you can cover even more ground by attending different sessions and sharing notes.
- Pack a light jacket. Temperatures fluctuate frequently in Indiana, and conference rooms are no different. It might be summer, but be sure to bring an extra layer to stay comfortable.
- Have ibuprofen on hand. The last thing you need is a headache to derail your conference experience. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Drink plenty of water. There’s so much to do at HR Indiana that it’s easy to forget to hydrate. Getting enough water will help ensure you can take full advantage of the packed session days.
Choose Your Adventure
- Plan your schedule. Decide which sessions you’re most interested in, and map out your conference experience ahead of time. The Jump Start session Monday morning is a great way to kick off the conference, with even more insider tips and conference info – great for first timers!>
- Check out the expo. If you’re looking for the latest employee perks or a new vendor for your services, be sure to stop by the Exhibit Hall. Have lunch, browse the latest HR products and services, and chat with our sponsor organizations. Their support allows us to feature tremendous speakers and keep registration costs to a minimum.
- Volunteer to meet others. HR Indiana can only happen with a lot of amazing volunteers. Signing up to volunteer is also a great way to make more connections and meet folks you wouldn’t have otherwise.
- Keep it going. This year, we’re partnering with the Indiana Business Leadership Network to host the first-ever Midwest Diversity & Disability Inclusion & Awareness (DDIA) Conference. This is another great professional development opportunity, which will focus on a variety of diversity and disability inclusion topics – and it’s happening directly after the HR Indiana Conference. There is still time to register!