HR Indiana SHRM is excited to share that the upcoming 2020 State Conference will be 100% virtual! The safety and wellness of all attendees is our top priority, and we’re excited to make this pivot while still providing the top-notch education HR Indiana is known for.
The conference will still take place August 24 – 26 as planned. As an added bonus and at no additional charge, all registered attendees have access to nine additional pre- and post-conference sessions where they can interact live with the featured speakers.
6 Pre-Conference Session Premieres
This year, we’re offering six special weekly pre-conference session premieres leading up to the conference. These sessions give you early access to powerhouse speakers, as well as the chance to interact with them live via chat and/or video Q&A.
Your only chance to interact with these early speakers live is during these weekly premieres on Wednesdays from 12 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. EST.
Here’s the line-up:
- Wed. July 15th – “No More Excuses: Align Recruiting to Modern Job Seekers” – Jessica Stephenson and Randi Doerr, ExactHire
- Wed. July 22nd – “Leadership Lessons from my Dysfunctional Career & Upbringing” – Margaret Morford, The HR Edge, Inc.
- Wed. July 29th – “Screening & Selecting in a COVID-19 World” – Karl Ahlrichs, Gregory and Appel
- Wed. Aug 5th – “Restoring Civility in the Workplace” – Ken Nwadike Jr. “Free Hugs Guy”, Peace Activist, Free Hugs Project
- Wed. Aug 12th – Topic TBD – Barnes & Thornburg LLP, Diamond Sponsor
- Wed. Aug 19th – “COVID-19: Testing Options for Employers – Case Study” – Leigh Crick, Hopebridge
Engage with our Conference App
In addition to accessing our pre-conference sessions, look to the Whova app throughout the entire conference for all the latest on session schedules, community discussion topics, real-time engagement with exhibitors and sponsors and virtual networking with other attendees.
You can access our conference app powered by Whova in your mobile device’s app store, or visit here in your web browser. Be sure and use the same email address you used to register for the conference when registering for the Whova app.
Powerhouse Keynote Speakers
Get ready for some allstar speakers this year! We’re looking forward to hearing from these renowned speakers:
- Angela Duckworth, best selling author of Grit
- Haben Girma, diversity and disability champion and the first Deafblind graduate of Harvard Law School
- Valerie Grubb, innovative visionary
- Lindsay Boccardo, one of HR Indiana’s favorite return speakers
- Ken Yerkes, long-time celebrated “Everything Legal” speaker
- Ken Nwadike, the “Free Hugs Guy”
Making a Positive Pivot Despite the Pandemic
While we’ll miss seeing everyone in person this year, a virtual conference has its perks! Since everything is virtual, you can watch all the conference sessions instead of choosing one per concurrent session track. That presents an opportunity for a huge increase in SHRM recertification credits — over 40 credit hours!
You’ll also have the chance to interact with exhibitors via live chat and attend exhibitor live streams of demos and talks when offered.
Perhaps the best perk of all… You can enjoy the conference from the comfort of your own home, and in pants that have an elastic waistband! No business casual needed this year.
Register for this year’s completely virtual HR Indiana Conference now so you don’t miss any more of the pre-conference sessions available before August 24th!
We’ll also be featuring post-conference sessions on the following dates, with topics and speakers announced soon!
- Wed Sep 2 – TBD
- Wed Sep 16 – TBD
- Wed Sep 30 – TBD
2020 Annual Human Resource Awards
HR Indiana SHRM is pleased to announce the 2020 Annual Human Resource Awards call for nominations. 2020 award applications are live!
This is an outstanding opportunity to recognize high performing HR professionals, SHRM chapters and volunteers. Consider nominating an HR superstar! Applications for Chapter of the Year, Professional Excellence (HR Professional of the Year) and Chapter Volunteer of the Year are due by Wednesday, July 29th.