HR Indiana VLS Recap
We had a great time at HR Indiana VLS learning from other chapters. I conducted two sessions on Membership and wanted to share with you some take away notes from those sessions in case you were not in attendance.
- Annual SHRM Membership Audit
- Pay attention to the time that you audit
- Conduct it in spring and the end of the year
- Send monthly reminders to your expiring members and promote the SHRM discount for new and renewing members
- Membership Changes on the Horizon
- SHRM is currently working with three local Chapters on piloting “Duel Membership” program.
- Michiana SHRM has been identified as one of those Chapters participating
- This is a one-click membership for SHRM Global and Local Membership
- More information to come!
- Consider becoming a 100% SHRM Chapter
- Requires a multi-year strategic plan
- The financial gain is worth the loss your Chapter may take when converting over
- It pays for itself to transition
- Ask members to volunteer!
- A lot of time folks won’t raise their hand when you’re asking for volunteers; but they like to be asked!
- A great way to get your Sr. Level HR Practitioners involved is to ask them to speak or present on a HOT topic!
- Recognition – what are you doing to Recognize your Members?
- Nominate your members for HR Indiana Annual Awards
- Create your own Local Chapter Awards
- Hold a Membership Appreciation Event
- Spotlight your Members in the HR Indiana All Member Newsletter
- Give out swag – who doesn’t love swag!
- What is your Chapters Value Proposition?
- What value are you bringing to your HR Community and your Members Organizations?
- Share your Value Proposition with your Members
- Diversify your programs
- Change up your Programming model
- Offer a variety of events (i.e. luncheons, webinars, conference, workshops)
I am still looking for Member Spotlights to include the HR Indiana all member newsletter. This is a great way to showcase your members and volunteers.