Under supervision, the Human Resource Generalist performs human resources-related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all the following functional areas: employee relations, performance management, benefit administration, training/orientation, recruitment, employment, employment equity programs, HRIS. The HR Generalist ensures compliance in accordance with federal and state regulations, plan provisions, Council on Accreditation standards, Indiana Code, other applicable regulations, and Wernle policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts extensive background checks for current and potential employees according to Indiana Code and Indiana Department of Child Services guidelines.
- Prepares documentation for all audits by regulatory entities, such as Indiana Department of Child Services (DCS), and Council on Accreditation (COA).
- Assists in representing the company for any unemployment claims.
- Verifies and maintains I-9 documentation. Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits I-9 forms.
- Manages personnel files to meet licensure, COA, and legal requirements and assists in audits. Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database. Prepares reports related to HR functions and /or projects.
- Cultural Awareness
Education and Experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or a related field.
- Three to five years of HR generalist experience.
- Advanced computer skills to include Microsoft Office programs, Outlook, and HRIS systems (Paycom a plus).
- Must be extremely detail oriented and possess excellent organizational skills.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send an email to email@example.com and include a resume and cover letter.