People are at the heart of what we do and at the heart of our entire organization — from each local chapter to the global organization. HR Indiana SHRM serves the needs of all SHRM members and chapters in the state, including members of SHRM who’ve not yet joined a local SHRM chapter.
We offer HR practitioners opportunities to network with colleagues across Indiana, as well as access to online tools and information to aid them in their professional development.
Growing SHRM Membership
Maintaining and growing our membership at all levels is important to preserving and expanding the opportunities we offer members as well as our mission to advance the human resource profession in Indiana.
Resources for Membership Growth
SHRM members range from experienced HR managers to young students just getting started to business leaders from different disciplines interested in HR. We welcome anyone with an interest in the human resource field to join their local chapter and SHRM.
- Download our membership brochure
- SHRM Membership Benefits at a glance
- Full SHRM Membership Benefits guide
- Download Sample Letter to Supervisor
- SHRM Membership FAQs
Resources for Member Engagement
As the HR Indiana State Council of SHRM, we provide resources not only for recruiting new members, but for keeping current members engaged. In addition to programming, professional development resources and networking opportunities, SHRM members can participate in a variety of volunteer and growth opportunities through:
Donate your time, talent or treasure to further the vision and mission of HR Indiana SHRM. Learn more about the SHRM Foundation.
Volunteer to be a local chapter president, a speaker at a SHRM event or for the SHRM Foundation. Learn more about SHRM volunteer opportunities.
HR Indiana Conference
The HR Indiana Conference is one of the largest regional human resource conferences in the United States and one of our most engaging member events. Learn more about HR Indiana.
Local SHRM Chapter Member Benefits
Our local chapters provide many benefits and opportunities to enhance the human resources profession through personal and professional development. Many of our chapters provide:
SHRM Member Benefits
New SHRM members join more than 285,000 professionals from around the world who rely on SHRM for their HR solutions. The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world’s largest professional association devoted to human resource management. Some of the many benefits of SHRM membership are:
- Time saving resources, such as personalized content and ability to call, chat or email an HR Expert
- State and federal compliance resources to stay up-to-date on legal changes
- HR Magazine & e-Newsletters: Award-winning news on HR topics delivered to your door or inbox
- Weekly webcast deep dives into important HR topics
- Access to an active and engaged online member community
- Discounts on SHRM Educational Offerings, including conferences, seminars, certification-prep, books and more
Learn more about SHRM membership.
The best way to get the most out of either a local chapter membership or a SHRM membership is to complement it with the other. Members of both SHRM and their local chapter receive:
- Local, state and national legislative news and updates
- Research and data on local and nationwide labor market trends
- Close network of HR peers in your community plus access to a global network of 285,000 professionals
- Opportunities to grow professionally through local and national events, webcasts and educational programming
- Discounts on memberships, events and more
Meet our Membership Director
If you have questions about becoming a Member, please contact Becky Ragsdale.