December 1, 2017
Indiana State Council of SHRM won the 2017 Pinnacle Award last week, given by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) for notable contributions to the HR profession.
Created in 1991, the Pinnacle Award is the highest achievement SHRM state councils and chapters can attain, and it honors programs that exceed the standard activities of SHRM affiliates in enhancing the creation of effective HR management. Indiana State Council of SHRM was one of 12 human resource organizations from across the country to win the award.
According to Linda Dausend, Indiana State Council Director, “A recognition like this does not come without a lot of hard work. Suffice it say, this was a collaborative effort, led by amazing State Council members, driven and engaged Chapter leaders, and an eTeam committed to advancing our mission and vision at an unrelenting rate.
The Winning Submission, titled “Inspiring a Shared Vision at Indiana SHRM: The recognized authority in HR in the state of Indiana” outlined how “the Indiana State Council of SHRM has experienced several years of success with HR Indiana, the state SHRM conference, measured by the increasing number of attendees year over year. The conference committee was strong, they had established an effective routine, and feedback from attendees was good. The Council wanted to be the recognized authority on HR in the state….and the multi-year strategy has advanced that vision and inspired volunteer leaders throughout the state to be inspired to do so.”
Winning programs selected from nearly 80 applications received a $1,000 prize given by Paychex Inc., which is the sponsor of this year’s Pinnacle Awards. The award was presented at SHRM’s annual Volunteer Leaders’ Summit in Washington, D.C., which was attended by several members of the Indiana State Council and State Council Director, Linda Dausend.
“This year’s Pinnacle Award winners have shown exceptional HR leadership through their innovative chapter and council programs,” said Henry G. (Hank) Jackson, president and CEO of SHRM. “Their programs offer business-minded solutions, such as transitioning veterans to the civilian workforce, teaching ex-convicts skills to prevent reincarceration, and offering SHRM certification opportunities to members.”
The 2017 SHRM Pinnacle Award winners are:
- Arizona SHRM State Council – “Virtual Certification Course: Supporting Learning Across Arizona”
- Mid-Florida SHRM – “Labor Relations in Film”
- SHRM Guam Chapter – “Reinventing SHRM Guam: Something Old + Something New = Success”
- Heart of Illinois Human Resource Council – “Igniting Leaders – Re-entry”
- Indiana State Council of SHRM – “Inspiring a Shared Vision at Indiana SHRM: The recognized authority in HR in the state of Indiana”
- Southern Indiana SHRM – “Branding for Success: Member Engagement and Beyond”
- Kentucky SHRM State Council – “Bridging the Talent Gap Kentucky”
- SHRM of Greater Kansas City (Mo.) – “Member Benefit Redesign”
- Raleigh-Wake Human Resource Management Association (N.C.) – “Xtreme Beginnings: Where Do You Go from Here?”
- Dodge County SHRM (Wis.) – “The Value of Joined Forces”
- Metro Milwaukee SHRM (Wis.) – “HR Executive Forum”
- High Desert Human Resources Association (Wyo.) – “Employment Law Seminar”
Media: For more information, contact Mark Records at 317-841-8202 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Indiana SHRM
The Indiana State Council of SHRM consists of 15 chapters in the State of Indiana. The board of directors consist of presidents of all the chapters plus various chapter leadership chairs. We meet 5 times a year to discuss how we can further the HR profession in Indiana and serve our members effectively. Visit us at IndianaSHRM.org for more information.
About the Society for Human Resource Management
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world’s largest HR professional society, representing 285,000 members in more than 165 countries. For nearly seven decades, the Society has been the leading provider of resources serving the needs of HR professionals and advancing the practice of human resource management. SHRM has more than 575 affiliated chapters within the United States and subsidiary offices in China, India and United Arab Emirates. Visit us at shrm.org and follow us on Twitter and Instagram @SHRMPress.