On Demand — February SHRM Certification CLA Webcast
SHRM hosts Core Leadership Area (CLA) webcasts for specific roles within chapters and the SHRM Certification CLA Webcast was on 02-20-19 at 4:00 pm ET. Register to listen to the recorded version.
Highlights of information provided:
- SHRM has done research and they’ve concluded that 30% is the average number of those who are SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP that belong to both a chapter and National SHRM.
- 29% is the average of those SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Certified within North Central region (which Indiana is a part of),
- Reminders about the Competency Based Education for Chapters programming available
- SHRM Specialty Credentials.
- Ready to go tools on the VLRC: Your Journey Through SHRM Certification brochure, SHRM Certification Chapter Study Group Toolkit, and SHRM Chapter Certification Marketing Plan.
- Special chapter pricing available through Holmes (the group that produces that SHRM Learning System) for 2019 SHRM Learning Systems with a minimum of five (5) kits purchased (with purchase of an Instructor Kit too) and this resource (PRC) grants access to tools like an exam countdown, competency connections, video tutorials for instructors.
- SHRM Certification and Recertification eNewsletters.
- Reminders that SHRM Certification/Recertification information is now on the membership roster reports your Chapter President should be receiving from SHRM quarterly.
- CPEP emails – promote chapter membership and events to SHRM at-large members in your local area via our SHRM Membership Engagement Associate (MEA) for Indiana – Nicole Hall (email@example.com)
- Chapter support payments continuing for 2019.
- SHRM Recertification Provider Reaffirmation and Seal.
- Competency Self-Assessment.
- 2019 SHRM Certification scholarships.
- A guide to develop your chapter’s SHRM Certification and Recertification 2019 Action Plan.
The next SHRM Certification CLA call will be June 5 at 4:00 pm ET.
Have You Checked Out SHRM’s VLRC?
If you aren’t familiar with all of the tools and tips available through SHRM’s Volunteer Leader Resource Center (VLRC) – please check out the SHRM Certification and Recertification information.
The tools on the VLRC are customizable too and can be ready to go content for your website, information to share at chapter events, as well as a lot of helpful information to answer SHRM Certification and/or Recertification questions that may come up. If you get a question that you can’t answer – feel free to reach out to Jen Lange for additional support!
2019 Recertification Provider Seal
Please make sure that your website, collateral, and other handouts all have been updated with the 2019 Recertification Provider Seal (so remove the 2018 or prior year seals!) If you have questions/concerns or need help with ensuring a program is eligible for SHRM Recertification PDCs, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHRM Resources – SHRM Certification App
Looking for something to show before your chapter meeting/event starts? Check out SHRM’s YouTube videos. Find content about the SHRM Certification App. The easy to use app will help SHRM-certified HR professionals keep track of their recertification efforts. The SHRM Certification app was developed exclusively for use by SHRM credential holders with specially designed features to make it easier to maintain and recertify one’s SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP designation. Download the app.
REMEMBER – SHRM Adapted their SHRM Recertification Requirements
Budget constraints, location or schedule shouldn’t keep you or others from earning the 60 PDCs needed to maintain the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification. SHRM adapted their recertification process to provide additional flexibility to match a lot of our learning needs.
In the Fall of 2018, SHRM announced there will no longer be a maximum limit on self-paced activities, in the ‘Advance Your Education’ category.
Accelerate Your HR Career – SHRM’s Competency Self-Assessment
SHRM has launched new member-only career resources can help fast-track your HR career development with easy-to-use tools that assess your HR skills and competencies and guide you toward further training and development. There are three (3) easy steps that will get you on your way to becoming the best HR professional you can be! First, Competency Self-Assessment, then Development Activity Wizard, and finally, Competency Development Plan. Learn more about this new benefit and how to accelerate your career.
NOTE – If you are a SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certified member, you will receive one (1) PDC per year for each calendar year you complete the Competency Self-Assessment. Use it to evaluate how best to target your professional development efforts toward the 60 PDCs required to maintain your SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP credential over your three (3) year recertification period.
Another Way to Earn PDCs
Remember, your annual National SHRM Membership qualifies for three (3) PDCs per year (and SHRM automatically loads this in your SHRM Portal).
SHRM Certification Scholarships
SHRM will award 110 SHRM Certification scholarships on June 15 – scholarship applications will be accepted January 15 – April 15. Recipients will receive $750 for SHRM Certification exam and preparation (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP). Learn more.
Chapters are also eligible to apply for a separate SHRM Certification scholarship to either conduct (or if your chapter is planning to conduct) a SHRM certification preparation program or other effort to promote SHRM certification. More information.
SHRM Certification – Spring Testing Window May 1, 2019 – July 15, 2019
SHRM Certification (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) spring exam applications will be accepted now through March 22 with an additional $75 late application fee for applications between March 23 and April 12 for the May 1, 2019 – July 15, 2019 testing window.
SHRM Certification Preparation – Virtual Opportunities
SHRM is offering a SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification Preparation program virtually this spring. You can learn more here and look at the various options for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP virtual opportunities.
SHRM member: $1,315.00 – $1,495.00
Non-member: $1,590.00 – $1,755.00
2019 SHRM Learning System is included!
2019 SHRM Certification Handbook
2019 SHRM Recertification Requirements Handbook
SHRM Foundation Veterans at Work Certificate Program
Looking for another way to earn PDCs – check out the SHRM Foundation Veterans at Work Certificate Program – it is FREE and open to all HR professionals who are interested in learning about best practices to attract, hire and retain veterans. Anyone holding the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential may also receive 10 PDCs toward their recertification.
Need a Chapter Programming Idea – SHRM Offers Competency Based Education for Chapters
Check out SHRM’s Competency Based Education for Chapters. You will see two (2) 1.5 hour programs to address topics based on the SHRM HR Competency Model. This is free of charge for SHRM Chapters and Councils in good standing, it is a multi-media presentation, includes easy to use facilitator guides and is accessible via the VLRC – note, SHRM will need a five (5) day lead window to approve the request to use it…this is a great idea for chapter programming.
Specialty Credentials for HR Pros
In addition to the SHRM California Employment Law Micro-Credential and the Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential (designed to help talent acquisition professionals distinguish their expertise and build their credibility in their organizations) – there is a new People Analytics specialty credential. Learn more via the Specialty Credential FAQ.
Enhanced Chapter Support – SHRM Recertification
It’s bbbaaaaccccckkk for 2019 as well – help your local chapter (encourage your members to help too) and our HR Indiana State Council by recertifying your SHRM Certification in 2019 – SHRM is offering enhanced financial support to those SHRM Chapters and State Councils in good standing based on the number of SHRM members who recertify between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019.
- Chapters will receive $20 per each chapter member who is a SHRM member in good standing, primarily coded to the chapter and recertifies for SHRM Certification during 2019
- State Councils will receive $10 per each SHRM member in good standing (in-chapter and at-large) in the state who recertifies for SHRM Certification during 2019
Payment will be made to affiliates in good standing in early 2020 based on the number of recertified members meeting the above criteria as of 12/31/19.