SHRM Certification – Winter Testing Window December 1, 2018 – February 15, 2019
SHRM Certification (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) exam applications will begin being accepted now through October 19 (or applicants can pay a $75 late application fee for applications received between October 20 – November 9) for the December 1, 2018 – February 15, 2019 testing window.
SHRM Certification Chapter Study Group Options (Fall 2018)
Five (5) Indiana chapters are hosting Fall 2018 SHRM Certification study groups throughout the state…learn more:
- SHRM of Northwest Indiana – Questions: Barbara Black at firstname.lastname@example.org or 219-617-6109
- Southern Indiana SHRM – Questions: Susan Woods, SHRM-SCP, SPHR at email@example.com or 502-581-9861 – VIRTUAL OPTION ALSO AVAILABLE THROUGH ZOOM (for those in and outside of New Albany)
- Michiana SHRM – Questions: Linda Krueger, SHRM-SCP, at LindaK@MennoniteMission.net
- Kosciusko HRA – Questions: Vicki Cook, KHRA Past President, at vcook@EggInnovations.com or 574-267-7545 ext. 113
- IndySHRM – Questions: Alona Bahler, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, at AlonaBahlerHR@gmail.com or 765-714-3630
NEW – SHRM Adapted their SHRM Recertification Requirements
Budget constraints, location or schedule shouldn’t keep you from earning the 60 PDCs needed to maintain your SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification. SHRM adapted their recertification process to provide additional flexibility to match your learning needs.
Going forward, SHRM will no longer have a maximum limit on self-paced activities, in the ‘Advance Your Education’ category.
Need a Programming Idea – SHRM Offers Competency Based Education for Chapters
Click here for SHRM’s Competency Based Education for Chapters. You will see two (2) 1.5 hour programs to address topics based on the SHRM HR Competency Model. This is free of charge for SHRM Chapters and Councils in good standing, it is a multi-media presentation, includes easy to use facilitator guides and is accessible via the VLRC – note, SHRM will need a five (5) day lead window to approve the request to use it…this is a great idea for chapter programming.
Enhanced Chapter Support – SHRM Recertification
It’s bbbaaaaccccckkk – help your local chapter (encourage your members to help too) and our Indiana State Council by recertifying your SHRM Certification in 2018 – SHRM is offering enhanced financial support to those SHRM Chapters and State Councils in good standing based on the number of SHRM members who recertify between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018.
- Chapters will receive $20 per each chapter member who is a SHRM member in good standing, primarily coded to the chapter and recertifies for SHRM Certification during 2018
- State Councils will receive $10 per each SHRM member in good standing (in-chapter and at-large) in the state who recertifies for SHRM Certification during 2018
Payment will be made to affiliates in good standing in early 2019 based on the number of recertified members meeting the above criteria as of 12/31/18.
Accelerate Your HR Career – SHRM’s Competency Self-Assessment
SHRM has launched new member-only career resources can help fast-track your HR career development with easy-to-use tools that assess your HR skills and competencies and guide you toward further training and development. There are three (3) easy steps that will get you on your way to becoming the best HR professional you can be! First, Competency Self-Assessment, then Development Activity Wizard, and finally, Competency Development Plan — To learn more about this new benefit and how to accelerate your career, visit shrm.org/careers.
NOTE – If you are a SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certified member, you will receive one (1) PDC per year for each calendar year you complete the Competency Self-Assessment. Use it to evaluate how best to target your professional development efforts toward the 60 PDCs required to maintain your SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP credential over your three (3) year recertification period.
Another Way to Earn PDCs
Remember, your annual National SHRM Membership qualifies for three (3) PDCs per year (and SHRM automatically loads this in your SHRM Portal).